Thursday, September 13, 2007

Blogging

While reading chapter 2, “From Chaos, Structure”, of The New Influence, many things caught my eye and made me think. Prior to this class I did not realize how much of a world blogging is, and had never attempted to try to blog. I think it shows quite a success that they are even able to have unwritten rules and show respect for other bloggers with the unwritten rules or blogging standards of thou shalt link, thou shalt not diss, thou shalt be transparent, thou shalt comment, and thou shalt not blather. In particular, thou shalt comment interested me. I have never commented on a blog until this class, but I also did not have a blog of my own prior to this class. Reading that 71% of bloggers comment on at least four blogs a month and 93% of bloggers respond to comments makes me realize how addicting these things can be! I believe comments are the key to blogs: they help them grow, spark new ideas, and allow them to thrive. After only using our class blogs and learning these new social book marking sites, I have already started a small addiction to them. It’s interesting to read comments and it’s exciting when you receive one! It makes you want to continue to blog more often. At first I wasn’t very sure about the 2 blogs and 2 comments per week as part of the course curriculum, but I definitely think before we know it, it’s going to become much easier, addicting, and has already opened a new world to us…the blogosphere.

1 comment:

Benjamin said...

This is so true! Comments do truly make social networking sites such as blogger SOCIAL. I always enjoy being able to comment on someone's blog, so now you get a comment!